Ogólnie w Oracle istnieje tradycja, że osoba, która ma urodziny kupuje ciastka, a ludzie z działu (nie wszyscy, z reguły ci, z którymi ma się największy kontakt) składają się na prezent. Nie można się wymigać z tego obowiązku, bo na początku każdego miesiąca przychodzi mail do wszystkich z informacją, kto i kiedy ma urodziny (zdjęcia solenizantów też dołączają). Miałam już wcześniej namiary na dobrą cukiernię, blisko i dobre ciastka mają. Z Andą w piątek poszłyśmy wyczaić, gdzie dokładnie jest i czy trzeba wcześniej zamówić. Więc wczoraj poszłyśmy kupić, bez pomocy Andy- mojego osobistego tłumacza, nie dałabym pewnie rady złożyć zamówienia. Przy okazji wcześniejszych urodzin miałam okazję wypróbować różne i tym razem wybrałam te, które najbardziej mi smakowały. Nadeszła godzina ciastek i miałam okazję poznać ludzi z działu, z którymi w sumie nie rozmawiałam jeszcze nigdy (ale to normalne, ja też szłam na urodzinowe ciastka do ludzi, z którymi nie rozmawiałam, a czasami też nie widziałam wcześniej).
Prezent od ludzi z firmy był trafiony- dostałam rumuński film (ale z angielskimi napisami), ładny niebieski szaliki i biżuterię (kolczyki, bransoletki i korale). Na kartce urodzinowej oprócz życzeń po angielsku i rumuńsku były też jedne po hebrajsku i 2 po polsku.
Po pracy nadszedł czas na urodzinowe piwko (na większą fiestę nie miałam siły, po intensywnym weekendzie w Rzymie, a poza tym poniedziałek to słaby dzień na imprezę).
So since yesterday I am one year older and because of that my Facebook wall was full of B-day wishes, some people texted me and some even called. Thank you very much for all of them, they really made my day. And of course, there were some presents also, I thank for those as well:) The fisrt present I got long before B-day, that is the plane ticket to Rome for the weekend before my birthday, which was a really wonderful gift (well I openly suggested to Nuno that it would make a perfect present). Then on the actual day of my birthday I got some gifts from the people I work with, from my family (mum had the perfect timing cause it arrived just on time) and nice presents from Ilona (flowers to decorate a bit our apartment, chocolate from Slovakia that made me remember my summer camps in Slovakian mountains).
Generally, in Oracle there is a tradition that a person who has birthday buys some cookies or cakes, and then people from the department (not all of them , usually the one from your team, or your friends) buy a present. Well, you don’t really have to option to avoid that tradition, cause everybody would know, as at the beginning of each month all the employees get the e-mail with the information who and on which day has birthday (there are pictures of b-day boy or girl attached). I knew about that tradition and what it means, so I asked for some help to know where I can fins a good bakery that isn’t far from the workplace. I went there with Anda, my personal translator, on Friday to see exactly where it was and to see if it was necessary to pre-order. On Monday morning we come back to buy the cookies and bought the ones I liked the most (I already knew which ones, cause on the occasion of somebody’s else B-day I tested different types).
The time of cookies came and I had the opportunity to meet people from the department with whom I had never spoken before (I also went for cookies to people I didn’t know and speak with). And then I got a really nice present from them: I got a Romanian movie (but with English subtitles), a nice blue scarf and jewelery (earrings, bracelets and necklaces). I also got a card where everybody wrote the wishes, and in addition to those in English and Romanian, there were also one in Hebrew and two in Polish.
After work, I invited some people to go out for a beer (after the very intense weekend in Roma I really didn’t feel like having a big party and anyway Monday is not the best day to party). So my whole team ( Ramona, Andreea, Anda, Amelia, and Radu) went directly from work to a cool
Although it was a mixed company, we really had a good time. Well, there was just a small incident at the beginning with a unpleasant waitress. We arrived, chose to sit in the red room (well, bit burlesque or in a brothel style :P) and we moved tables, chairs and armchairs to make ourselves comfortable. The waitress unkindly informed us that we weren’t allowed to do so, and there was a quite a discussion between her and us, especially Andreea was pissed off and had some quick and emotional responses... But that was the only unpleasant part of the evening.
Agnieszko!Dąłączam się do życzeń urodzinowych- tanti auguri!!!Wspominając czekoladę "Studencką' przypomniałaś mi jej wyborny smak zdominowany nutą rodzynkową.To dobrze,że mogłaś spędzic swoje urodziny w tak miłym, międzynarodowy gronie.Tam u Ciebie się dzieje, oj dzieje!!!Zupełnie jak w tym filmie o wymianie studentów, tytuł "W dobrym towarzystwie" albo jakoś tak? Pozdrawiam. bożena
ReplyDeleteNo dzieje sie, dzieje, tak intensywnie jest, ze w ten weekend zostajemy w Bukareszcie odpoczac :)
ReplyDeleteale juz w poniedzialek sie wybieramy na koncert Buena Vista Social Club, wiec latynoskie klimaty :)
A tytul filmy to "Smak zycia", "W doborowym towarzystwie" to inny film :)
I dziekuje za zyczenia :)Grazie mille :)