W każdym razie Nuno zaczął wysyłać CV, jak mówił wysyłać spontaniczne kandydatury, do Portugalii, Polski, innych krajów (nie wiem szczerze mówiąc, czy wysłał coś do Rumunii, bo nasi rodzice jakoś dziwnym trafem zgodnie stwierdzili, że może to lepiej, że tak się stało i że nasza przygoda z Rumunią skończy się wcześniej niż myśleliśmy). Nie pisałam nic wcześniej o naszej sytuacji, żeby nie zapeszyć, nie chciałam gdybać i zgadywać, co los nam przygotował tym razem. Ale teraz już wiem. Mniej więcej :) Wszystko potoczyło się w ekspresowym tempie. 9 września Nuno wysłał CV do HP w Barcelonie (ofertę znalazła jego była współlokatorka), wieczorem tego samego dnia zadzwonili i następnego dnia miał pierwszą rozmowę. W poniedziałek następny etap- ponadgodzinna wideokonferencja. We wtorek 14, zadzwonili z HR a potem późnym wieczorem z oficjalnym potwierdzeniem, że Nuno dostał pracę. Mały szczegół, lot do Barcelony już 19 września. Innymi słowy chyba najszybsza rekrutacja o jakiej słyszałam. Totalne zaskoczenie, że w ciągu dwóch tygodni nasze życie odmieniło się o 180 stopni. Do tego wizja, że zostaję sama w Bukareszcie nie była szczególnie ekscytująca. Do tego nie wiedziałam, kiedy mam rzucić pracę, jak to powiedzieć Ramonie. Nie wspominając o obawach związanych z szukanie nowej pracy w Barcelonie. Ale potem przyszły inne przemyślenia. Kiedyś marzyłam, żeby mieszkać właśnie w Barcelonie. Znam język, więc nie będę czuć się tak zagubiona, nie mam problemów z poznaniem nowych ludzi, hiszpańskie jedzenie jest o niebo lepsze niż rumuńskie. Wyszło jednak dużo plusów. Teraz tylko trzymajcie kciuki za znalezienie szybko fajnej pracy.
Before I went to Poland to spend some days with the family, we had some unexpected new regarding Nuno’s job and his future in the company. He was informed that instead for staying in the company for more than one year, what they were offering him was a three-month contract, till the end of November. They also suggested that in case he found another job earlier, he was free to go earlier. Imagine our shock, it was the least thing we expected, Nuno had just come back from a month training, they bought him a return ticket to Portugal for holidays for 22nd December. He was let go only because they hired some new Portuguese manager for the whole region, and since nobody really wanted to come to Romania so they offered him such a big salary that they were firing other people, including Nuno.
So a big question mark hung over our entire stay in Bucharest. I wanted to work in Oracle for at least one year, so it wouldn’t look that I can’t stay in one job for more than few months. Anyway, I also needed not to think about future, about the whole uncertainty, I didn’t want to start over- another country, another job, people, everything. Unfortunately, life is full of surprises, it almost never turns out the way you would like it, and especially ours, seems like a chain of surprising events and changes. I guess I have no way but accept it.
Anyway, after being told the bad news , Nuno started sending CVs, mostly spontaneous applications to companies in Portugal, Poland, other countries (to be honest I do not know whether he applied for any job in Romania, because our parents somehow agreed that maybe this whole situation was for the better, and maybe it was good that our Romanian adventure was to finish before we expected. I haven’t written about this before, as I didn’t want to wonder and speculate about the future or to guess what this time the life had prepared for us. But now I know. More or less:)
Everything happened so fast, it was question of days. September 9th: Nuno sent CV to HP in Barcelona (his ex flatmate found the offer and shared it with him), the same evening they phoned him to schedule the first interview for the following day. On Monday, the next step- more than one hour long videoconference . On Tuesday 14, the HR phoned him to confirm some details and later in the evening they informed him officially that he got the job. A small detail, the flight to Barcelona was scheduled for 19th September. In other words, probably the fastest recruiting process I’ve ever heard of. It came as a total surprise, within two weeks, our lives changed completely. The vision of staying alone in Bucharest was not particularly temping. I didn’t know when I should quit my job, how to tell it to Ramona. Not to mention the fear whether I find the job. But on the other hands, I dreamt about living in Barcelona .
For this I did not know when I quit a job, how to say Ramonie. Not to mention the fears. I know the language, so I won’t feel so lost, I have no problems with getting to know new people, Spanish food is far better than Romanian. So there are many good sides of this change. Now just keep your fingers crossed for me finding a nice job soon.
Wszystko się dobrze układa, choc trochę rzeczywiście nieprzewidzianie. Jednym słowem- nie ma co planowac w życiu, tylko nie przegapiac dobrych okazji:)))Pozdrawiam. Bożena
ReplyDelete