Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pa, pa Rumunio/ Bye, bye Romania

W normalnych okolicznościach nie lubię pożegnań. Teraz jednak czułam radość wyjeżdżając.
Nie obyło się jednak bez kilku przykrych niespodzianek. Nie mogłam bowiem wyjechać z Rumunistanu bezproblemowo.

Problem nr 1: Cosmin hojnie zaoferował się, że mnie zawiezie samochodem na lotnisko. Okazało się jednak, że ma jakieś spotkanie i nie zdąży, bo tego dnia były mega korki (dla odmiany) plus jakieś demonstracje kontra polityce rządowej, na które zjechali się demonstranci z całego kraju, a które miały się zacząć akurat na drodze na lotnisko. Tak więc Cosmin przepraszał bardzo i radził pojechać taksówką dużo wcześniej.

Problem nr 2: nie, nie było tym razem problemu z taksówką. Tym razem, dla odmiany, był problem z odprawą. A konkretniej z nadbagażem. W walizce na 20 kg dopuszczalnych miałam 18, ale nic by się już w walizce nie zmieściło, tak była zapakowana. Wszystko byłoby w normie, gdyby głupia panna nie poprosiła o zważenie walizki podręcznej. I nie żebym leciała Ryanairem czy inną tanią linią, leciałam LOT-em, za bilet swoje ciężkie pieniądze zapłaciłam (tata zapłacił, prawdę mówiąc, ale nie zmienia to faktu, że nie był to low cost). I nigdy, przenigdy (nie znałam też nikogo komu by się to zdarzyło) nie zapytali mnie o wagę bagażu podręcznego. Aż do pamiętnego incydentu w Bukareszcie, gdzie waga podręcznego pokazała 9 kg. Panienka trzy razy się dopytała koleżanki, ile Lot ma dopuszczalnego limitu i okazało się, że mam 3kg za dużo. Ale nie, nie da się przepakować do drugiej walizki, bo ona już jest na pasku, nie, nie da się nadać jako drugi bagaż, nie, absolutnie nie da się przymknąć oka na ten bagaż. W ogóle o straciłam cierpliwość, bo próbowałam tłumaczyć, jak można najbardziej ekonomicznie dla mnie rozwiązać tę sytuację. Bo cena za 1 kg nadbagażu to 10 euro, więc jednak zależało mi na jakiejś współpracy. Gdzie tam, w Rumunii o tym zapomnij. Ludzie są mili i pomocni, do czasu, kiedy w grę wchodzą pieniądze, a panienka pewnie dostaje jakąś prowizję. Bo jak inaczej wytłumaczyć jej nadgorliwość? Nic, 20 minutowa dyskusja zakończyła się dla mnie niekorzystnie. Musiałam nadać bagaż podręczny, który policzyło się jako nadbagaż, więc po odprawie byłam 80 euro na minusie. Nawet nie myślałam o jakiś pamiątkach z Rumunii, chciałam tylko stamtąd wyjechać.


Under any normal circumstances I hate goodbyes, I hate to pack, I hate to leave. His time, however, I felt nothing but happines.
Of course, I couldn’t leave Romania without few unpleasant surprises. I just couldn’t leave this country in any other way but the hard one.

Problem no. 1: Cosmin had generously offered that he would take me to the airport. But it turned out that he had some meeting and couldn’t make it on time to pick me up, because on my day of departure in the whole city there were huge traffic jams (for a change), and to addition o that- a big demonstration against the government, with protestants from all over the country, and it happened to start exactly on my route to the airport. Cosmin apologized (at least he had let me know in advance, so I didn’t have to face the stress of being stuck between he demonstrators and arrive late) I called a taxi way in advance. But afterwards I had to face problem no. 2.

Problem No. 2: No, this time it wasn’t taxi related. This time, for a change, it was related to check-in. More specifically o extra luggage. The bag I was checking in had 18 kg out of 20 allowed, on the 20 kg limit had 18, couldn’t squeeze anything more even if I sit on it. Well, in any normal circumstances, I wouldn’t have any problems. Just this time it happened to be my unlucky day, and the lady asked me about my hand luggage. Not that I was flying with Ryanair, where this happens always so wouldn’t be surprising. No, this time the lady made sure by asking her 3 friends what was the weight limit for hand luggage for LOT. I already paid quite a lot for the ticket and then for changing the flight date (well, to be precise, my dad paid, but still it doesn’t change the fact that it was no low cost). And it never ever happened to me or to any of my friends that they checked the hand luggage. Well, as they say, there always must be the first time. Mine just happened to be in Romania, where I had to deal with this unpleasant lady. Who didn’t let me repack, didn’t let me to check it as another luggage, not to mention that she didn’t consider even for one second to turn a blind eye on extra 4 kg of the hand luggage (she even looked at my laptop and said viciously: “you don’ want us to weight it also”). In general, at some point I was about to lose my patience, trying to explain her how we could solve his situation in most economical way. Cause 1 kg of extra luggage was 10 euros, so I was pretty determined to try to work things out with her. In vain. In Romania, people are friendly, till the moment money get involved. And probably she gets commission whenever she charges some poor traveler. What other reason can explain her behavior? So after 20 min discussion, almost crying with frustration, I had to pay 80 euros for nothing. Later I didn’t even stop at duty free or thought about buying some souvenir. I just wanted to leave this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment